Wednesday, November 11, 2009

JUST BEFORE SHADE FALLS!!!

The final semester is here. Just six months more in university campus and after that, each one of us will be chasing different dreams. All the fun and frolic will come to an end. There will be only memories left. The class is as usual divided, each one sticking out with people they call "gang mates". I haven't felt much of a change in vibes. It has been the same for the past 3 semester. Nothing much to complain as no one is ready to break the comfort bubble, not even me. I ‘had’ a wonderful group of friends. Now I’ve given up ma attempts to make everyone feel special.

When will the class stand as united? It seems people are least bothered about another person’s life. Where does the problem lie? It is more sensible to curl up inside one’s own shell, go to the class with least expectations, copy down words of lecturers, go back home with a heavy heart. All the fake smiles & all the made up questions, which I have to reply will be there. For me, it sounds horrible to be sitting in midst a bunch of people, who doesn't allow you to penetrate through.


All doesn't seem so bad, I have had good times like the Induction program from seniors, First semester field work, Second semester fieldwork with Deena, All India tour, Nature camp, Rendezvous `09 (All Kerala social work students and teachers meet), seminar on intellectual property rights, Farewell for seniors, arts fest, all the bdays celebrated, field work at Kusumagiri mental health center, bike journey from Trivandrum, survey among truck drivers… Only a semester left to fly away from university campus. That’s what is painful, no matter how ma heartfelt. I have shared a good part of ma college life with these people who made me laugh, cry, smile, frown. I will walk down the gate of the university with mixed emotions. I will never be able to forget even one of them, because they are part of ma life, engraved into ma heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Ten Posts of All Time