Sunday, February 13, 2011

LOVE STORY


‘Hey, Oliver, did I tell you that I love you?’
‘No, Jen.’
‘Why didn’t you ask me?’
‘I was afraid to, frankly.’
‘Ask me now.’
‘Do you love me, Jenny?’
She looked at me and wasn’t being evasive when she answered:
‘What do you think?’
‘Yeah. I guess. Maybe.’
I kissed her neck.
‘Oliver?’
‘Yes?’
‘I don’t just love you…’
Oh, Christ, what was this?
‘I love you very much, Oliver.’    
I know you don’t need an introduction about Erich Segal… He contributes beautifully written and profoundly moving fiction to the world of literature... His work Love Story has no exemption… It’s a romantic story like the title suggests, love between Oliver Barret IV and Jenny Cavilleri. Oliver is from a rich family on his way to a Harvard degree and a career in Law. Jen is a wisecracking working class lass studying music at Radcliffe.


Oliver and Jenny immediately got attracted to each other even though they are opposites in nearly every way. They started sharing love that defies everything… But it will find its end soon. It is a Love that will linger in everyone’s heart, now and forever.


I can’t suggest a better read for this Valentine’s Day.


Books and Bookmen defined it well… ‘Simplicity… charm… compassion and a delicate sense of comedy. It illustrates a point: “Love means not ever having to say you’re sorry. “ That is well said.’
HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Ten Posts of All Time